If you are interested in joining the team at Shifa Community Clinic as a clinical preceptor, send a copy of your CV to our preceptor coordinator.
Physicians must meet the following criteria to apply for a volunteer clinical faculty (VCF) position at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine (UCDSOM) AND act as a volunteer physician/preceptor at Shifa Community Clinic:
Be licensed physicians in the state of California:
- Must have completed USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3.
- Must have completed their residency in the state of California OR if they have completed their residency in another state, must have completed all licensing requirements set forth by the Medical Board of California.
- Being employed as a physician by UCDSOM or complete the VCF application and verification process set forth by UCDSOM
- Must completed 20 hour annual minimum
- Must ensure VCF is current (renewal processes occur every three years)
- Must ensure that their medical licensing information is current and valid
Physician Assistant/ Family Nurse Practitioner/Psychologist Eligibility
PA/FNP/Psychologists must be employed by UC Davis OR hold a valid degree in their respective fields, be licensed in the state of California, and complete the VCF process through the UC Davis Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing.