Fall 2022 Application Cycle is Now Open!
Become a Shifa volunteer and gain the opportunity to serve the medically diverse population of the Sacramento area!
Please submit the following application:
Applications are due October 9th, 2022, by 11:59 PM
Who We Are
Shifa Clinic is a non-profit, student-run medical facility dedicated to serving the diverse, medically uninsured population of the greater Sacramento area. Every weekend, the clinic provides basic as well as specialized medical services free of charge to patients of many ethnicities and backgrounds. In addition, as a teaching center for medical students and undergraduate volunteers, Shifa Clinic takes an active role in shaping the health care professionals of the future. We highly encourage passionate students to apply.
- Be a currently registered UC Davis undergraduate student in good academic standing covered by either USHIP or other health insurance.
- Must have a graduation date of Winter 2023 or later
- Must be able to volunteer for at least 4 clinic shifts per quarter
- Must participate in at least one finance event per quarter
- Must participate in at least one outreach event per quarter
- Register for and attend mandatory weekly Monday classes (6:10 pm – 7 pm) starting Spring 2022 (registration will be done via Schedule Builder)
- Must obtain health clearance:
- proof of negative active TB status (options below);
- proof of two MMR vaccinations within a lifetime or positive titers; and
- proof of two Varicella vaccinations within a lifetime or positive titers.
- proof of covid vaccinations
- proof of influenza vaccination